Our Admissions Volunteer Coordinators are the main point of contact between the Admission Office and the club area, and are key members of helping the admissions office provide prospective students with information about Notre Dame. We encourage our AVCs to form relationships with the admission counselor who travels to your area and the associate director, alumni and parent relations, as well as be active members of their Notre Dame Club.
AVCs are encouraged to share their Notre Dame experience with prospective students, and we ask that you stay current on academics, community, and student life, and this information is provided through training documents, monthly communications, and by following the ND Admissions social media platforms. Additionally, the APART Facebook group has been established to facilitate dissemminating updates and to connect our volunteers so they can share best practices.
The training materials and monthly communications will assist you with keeping up-to-date on today's Notre Dame. Information will also be shared through an annual broadcast, training materials, and our APART Facebook page.
While the number of activities will vary based on your club size, we hope that every club will at a minimum contact their admitted students via email and/or phone.
Manage volunteer outreach to prospective students in your club area
- Contact with admitted students (phone calls, emails, receptions)
- Participation in college fairs
- Identification of qualified prospective students
Be informed of current admissions statistics and process, have a basic understanding of financial aid and merit scholarships, and have an awareness of current student life (community, academic, faith, service)
- Read monthly e-newsletter
- Review training materials
- Attend annual broadcast
Establish relationship with admissions counselor
- Assist with visits to your area
- Refer questions to counselor
- Connect the student with the area admissions counselor for specific questions
Follow Notre Dame Admissions on social media
- Notre Dame Admissions on Facebook, Twitter, Instgram, Tumblr, and our Blog
- Encouraged to participate in Admission Volunteers Facebook group
Submit information as requested
- Data on admitted student calls/emails
- Follow-up on college fairs
- Information as requested in monthly newsletter
- Review mandatory training materials
- View annual broadcast (either live or recorded)
- Submit training form
Sign confidentiality agreement
- Volunteers with access to admitted student data must sign a confidentiality agreement
Active member of Notre Dame club
- Be a member of their local Notre Dame club
- Serve on board of club and keep board members informed of general admissions information
- Involve members on your committee