Office of Undergraduate Admissions Student Tour Guide Position
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking undergraduate students to serve as tour guides for the 2020-2021 school year. Admissions hosts over 2,500 tours annually for prospective students and their families. Tour guides are a vital component to the campus experience. We are looking for enthusiastic and personable undergraduate students who want to share their Notre Dame experience while presenting facts about academics, community, and spiritual life. Training will be provided.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is currently accepting applications for tour guides through December 15th. Applicants may be contacted and invited to participate in a group interview in late-January prior to decisions being released in February. We anticipate that the on-boarding and training process will take 3-4 weeks, beginning in March 2020.
A separate application for Summer Tour Guides will be posted in March 2020.
- Availability for at least 3 weekly tours (may not be scheduled for 3 tours each week)
- Represent the University as an ambassador for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Enrollment Division
- Share the Notre Dame story with prospective students and their families
- Emphasize the academic, spiritual, and social opportunities at Notre Dame
- Encourage questions
- Dress and act appropriately
- Reliability and ability to make a commitment to this role
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective students of all backgrounds
- Ability to demonstrate involvement in campus life and programs
- Exhibit maturity and discretion in response to questions and comments
- Tours are at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, with an extra tour at 1:00 PM on Football Fridays.
- Tours are at 10:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. on most Saturdays throughout the Academic year. (There are no tours on Football Saturdays.)
- Tour Guides will sometimes be needed for additional tours outside of the traditional schedule, typically for visiting high school groups.
- Tours typically last between 60 and 90 minutes. Each tour guide is paid for at least 1½ hours of work for each tour that they are scheduled to give.
- During the busiest times of the year, a tour guide may be scheduled for multiple tours per week; during the slow season, a tour guide may give one tour every other week.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.