Office of Undergraduate Admissions Student Tour Guide Position
2020 Update: We are still unable to provide on-campus tours to visitors, as we cannot host any visitors to campus due to COVID-19 protocols. Therefore, there is currently not an application process to apply as a tour guide for the 2021-22 academic year. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will communicate with students interested in becoming tour guides when the time comes to resume normal operations.
Admissions hosts over 2,500 tours annually for prospective students and their families. Tour guides are a vital component to the campus experience. We are looking for enthusiastic and personable undergraduate students who want to share their Notre Dame experience while presenting facts about academics, community, and spiritual life. Training is provided.
- Availability for at least 3 weekly tours (may not be scheduled for 3 tours each week)
- Represent the University as an ambassador for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Enrollment Division
- Share the Notre Dame story with prospective students and their families
- Emphasize the academic, spiritual, and social opportunities at Notre Dame
- Encourage questions
- Dress and act appropriately
- Reliability and ability to make a commitment to this role
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective students of all backgrounds
- Ability to demonstrate involvement in campus life and programs
- Exhibit maturity and discretion in response to questions and comments
- Tours are at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, with an extra tour at 1:00 PM on Football Fridays.
- Tours are at 10:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. on most Saturdays throughout the Academic year. (There are no tours on Football Saturdays.)
- Tour Guides will sometimes be needed for additional tours outside of the traditional schedule, typically for visiting high school groups.
- Tours typically last between 60 and 90 minutes. Each tour guide is paid for at least 1½ hours of work for each tour that they are scheduled to give.
- During the busiest times of the year, a tour guide may be scheduled for multiple tours per week; during the slow season, a tour guide may give one tour every other week.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.