Office of Undergraduate Admissions Student Tour Guide Position
Summer 2021 Update: We are still unsure about the status of hiring/ scheduling for admissions tour guides for the 2021-22 academic year. We will contact previously hired tour guides with an update once we have more information about visitor policies and protocols for the upcoming school year.
In the meantime, we WILL be open for limited capacity in-person tours starting Monday, June 28 and ending Friday, August 13. If you are a current Notre Dame student who is interested in leading tours on campus this summer, please apply via the link below. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis until all available positions have been filled. You will be asked to provide your availability when you apply. In-person tours will be held Mondays and Fridays at 12:30, 2:00, and 3:30 PM and on Wednesdays at 12:30 and 2:00 PM. If you have any questions, please contact Maria Finan at email@example.com.
Admissions hosts over 2,500 tours annually for prospective students and their families. Tour guides are a vital component to the campus experience. We are looking for enthusiastic and personable undergraduate students who want to share their Notre Dame experience while presenting facts about academics, community, and spiritual life. Training is provided.
- Availability for at least 3 weekly tours (may not be scheduled for 3 tours each week)
- Represent the University as an ambassador for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Enrollment Division
- Share the Notre Dame story with prospective students and their families
- Emphasize the academic, spiritual, and social opportunities at Notre Dame
- Encourage questions
- Dress and act appropriately
- Reliability and ability to make a commitment to this role
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective students of all backgrounds
- Ability to demonstrate involvement in campus life and programs
- Exhibit maturity and discretion in response to questions and comments
- Tours are at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, with an extra tour at 1:00 PM on Football Fridays.
- Tours are at 10:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. on most Saturdays throughout the Academic year. (There are no tours on Football Saturdays.)
- Tour Guides will sometimes be needed for additional tours outside of the traditional schedule, typically for visiting high school groups.
- Tours typically last between 60 and 90 minutes. Each tour guide is paid for at least 1½ hours of work for each tour that they are scheduled to give.
- During the busiest times of the year, a tour guide may be scheduled for multiple tours per week; during the slow season, a tour guide may give one tour every other week.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.