Office of Undergraduate Admissions Student Tour Guide Position
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking undergraduate students to serve as tour guides for Summer 2019. Admissions hosts over 2,500 tours annually for prospective students and their families. Tour guides are a vital component to the campus experience. We are looking for enthusiastic and personable undergraduate students who want to share their Notre Dame experience while presenting facts about academics, community, and spiritual life. Training will be provided.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is still accepting applications for summer tour guides through June 13th.
- Represent the University as an ambassador for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Enrollment Division
- Share the Notre Dame story with prospective students and their families
- Emphasize the academic, spiritual, and social opportunities at Notre Dame
- Encourage questions
- Dress and act appropriately
- Reliability and ability to make a commitment to this role throughout the summer
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective students of all backgrounds
- Ability to demonstrate activity in campus life and programs
- Exhibit maturity and discretion in response to questions and comments
- Tour guides must be currently enrolled Notre Dame students or expecting to graduate in May 2019.
Please note that hours worked from all summer jobs may not exceed 40 hours per week. If you have other summer employment, you agree to limit your total hours worked each week to no more than 40 hours.
- Tours take place at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Tour Guides will sometimes be needed for additional tours outside of the traditional schedule,typically for visiting high school groups.
- Tours typically last between 60 and 90 minutes. Each tour guide is paid for 1½ hours of work for each tour for which they are scheduled.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.