Recruitment and Visit Interns
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions seeks to attract and recruit a diverse student body who will embody Notre Dame’s mission of being a force for good in the world as both students and graduates. Students will assist with the various responsibilities outlined below, with the ability to take on additional leadership in certain areas based on interests, needs, and skills (ex. training, newsletter production, data analysis, etc.).
- Present and answer questions during in-person and virtual information sessions
- Assist with responding to designated Admissions emails from the Client Services Representative team and answering telephone calls and as needed
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing prospective tour guides, including application evaluation and review
- Assist Admissions staff with Admissions Ambassador recruiting and training
- Assist with information session registrant check-in, including on home football game weekends (“Football Fridays and Saturdays”)
- Assist with yield and recruiting tasks and events (January - April)
- Serve as a contact for prospective and admitted students who have questions related to the admissions process and the University
- Share experiences during special sessions and panels
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Work 2-6 hours per week on average (not to exceed 20 hours per week of total student employment on campus)
- Be on time and appropriately attired for all work responsibilities
- Sign and follow the conditions outlined in our confidentiality agreement
- Treat all families, students, visitors, and staff with courtesy and respect
2 for the 2022-2023 school year (with the ability to continue in the future)
- Prior experience as an admissions volunteer, intern, or tour guide
- Comfort presenting in front of audiences of 100+ people, including sharing personal experiences and anecdotes about life as a Notre Dame student
- Sophomore or junior
- Flexibility to work day, night, and weekend hours; we will accommodate individual class schedules
- Passion for Notre Dame, and a demonstrated commitment to making it a diverse and inclusive campus for all prospective and current students
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective students of all backgrounds about a wide variety of sensitive topics, regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, disability or socioeconomic status
Hours Per Week:
On average, 2-6 hours per week during the fall semester, and between 2-8 hours per week during the spring semester. Some weeks may require more hours during football season and in the lead up to/ during weekends for admitted students in the spring, not to exceed 20 hours maximum.
Will be determined by mutual agreement; will involve some weekend and/or evening work
Hourly Rate: $15.00
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions seeks to attract and develop student employees from all backgrounds. We are committed to building a culturally diverse team.We strongly encourage applications from first-generation, low-income, minority candidates, and others that will enhance our community.
Please apply here by 8:00 AM on August 15, 2022:
Thanks for your patience. We finally identified the issue and had to rebuild the app from scratch. We've extended the deadline to 9:00 AM on August 15.
Please let me know if this link gives you any trouble: https://enrollment.nd.edu/register/intern_app_2223.
Thank you, again!
Selected candidates will be contacted to complete an interview.
Please contact Maria Finan at Maria.Finan@nd.edu.