Office of Undergraduate Admissions Student Tour Guide Position
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking undergraduate students to serve as tour guides for 2018-19 academic year. Admissions hosts over 2,500 tours annually for prospective students and their families. Tour guides are a vital component to the campus experience. We are looking for enthusiastic and personable undergraduate students who want to share their Notre Dame experience while presenting facts about academics, community, and spiritual life. Training will be provided.
The deadline for applications for the 2018-19 academic year is December 10, 2017. Applicants may be contacted and invited to participate in a group interview in late-January prior to decisions being released in February. We anticipate that the on-boarding and training process will take 3-4 weeks, beginning in March 2018.
A separate application for Summer Tour Guides will be posted in March 2018.
- Being available for at least 3 weekly tours (may not be scheduled for 3 tours each week)
- Sharing authentic and positive Notre Dame story with prospective students and families
- Familiarizing yourself with the academic, spiritual, and social opportunities at Notre Dame
- Encouraging questions
- Reliability and commitment to this position
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective students of all backgrounds
- Involvement in campus life and programs
- Maturity and discretion in responses to comments
- Tours are at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, with an extra tour at 1:00 PM on Football Fridays.
- Tours are at 10:00 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. on most Saturdays throughout the Academic year. (There are no tours on Football Saturdays.)
- Tour Guides will sometimes be needed for additional tours outside of the traditional schedule,typically for visiting high school groups.
- Tours typically last between 60 and 90 minutes. Each tour guide is paid for 1½ hours of work for each tour for which they are scheduled.
- During the busiest times of the year, a tour guide may be scheduled for multiple tours per week; during the slow season, a tour guide may give one tour every other week.
- Pay rate is the basic hourly rate for student workers, with the possibility for increases based on performance and reliability.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.